513 Webster Street
The first known burial in Mukilteo, of Capt. Nathaniel B.Fowler, was made in 1873 on the
property of Morris H. Frost. Frost, who was then still living, may have at that time informally designated this part of his property as a cemetery. However, he later fell into debt and much of his original property went into receivership.Louis Kossuth Church and his wife
Emma must have purchased this land around 1890. either from Frost or whoever the receiver was.
Louis and Emma had originally intended to reserve part of their property for a cemetery and went
so far as to have their intention notarized on June 5, 1890. Unfortunately, they did not follow
through with the formality of having the property set aside for dedicated use as a cemetery. The residential area of Mukilteo grew up around the property at 513 Webster Street; by l9l9 the cemetery was no longer in use.
©2016 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.