East Side of Heady Rd.
Whatcom Co., Washington 98266
St. Peter’s Catholic Cemetery (also know as Columbia Valley and Deming Catholic Cemetery) is located on the east side of Heady Rd.
Mr. SCHROLL, one of the first settlers in the area, deeded an acre of land from his homestead for a centrally located Catholic Church and cemetery in about 1890. On 23 Aug 1893 plans were made to build St. Peter’s Mission Church of cedar logs. Later this church burned, and in 1910 another was built on Columbia Valley Road, with the stipulation that there would be no burying ground in connection with it. In 1974 a new church was added to the existing St. Peter’s Hall on Mt. Baker Highway, but the cemetery remains on Heady Road.
The first recorded deaths are in 1901, Carl and Fred BUCKENMEYER.
Records for this cemetery are located at the St. Joseph’s Church office, 205 12th, Lynden, WA 98264, phone 360-354-2334.
©2020 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.