1441 Bishop Rd.
Chehalis, Spokane County, Washington 98532
Tract of land in the SW 1/4 S4 T13N R2W of the W.M. Lewis Johnson donation land claim. In 1885 the old Chehalis Cemetery is 1 acre of land conveyed to the cemetery association by S.A. Phillips and wife and recorded in book K of deeds, page 326 in the Lewis County Auditors Office.
Then deeded to Fernhill in 1920. The Urquhart section was deeded to Fernhill by Anna and William Urquhart in 1919. About this time 4 more acres were purchased by William Urquhart from S.A. Phillips and added to the cemetery. In 1891 3 1/2 were purchased by the Urquharts from Phillips for cemetery use, and in 1920 William Hansen and Anna Marie Hansen sold four more acres to the cemetery association. Making a total of 8 1/2 acres more or less. The cemetery was first called Chehalis, then Urquhart and later incorporated as non-profit under the name Fernhill.
There is a permanent sustaining fund which is never to be used and is deposited in the Coffman Bank and known as the irreducable fund, only the income from this fund can be used for upkeep as well as gifts and part of the income from sale of lots. Most of the full lots are sized 15'X18' which allows for 8 burials. Fernhill is located on Bishop Road about 1 mile South of the city limits and the freeway and the Industrial park. Many Lewis County pioneers are buried there.
©2022 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.