8275 Davis Lane
Lyman, Skagit County, Washington 98284
The Lyman Cemetery, which is a colorful part of our town, has an interesting history. The cemetery was first known as Eagle Cemetery. On July 10, 1909, John Minkler was elected chairman of the Cemetery Association. They held regular annual meetings with election of new officers as needed.
On May 26, 1937 a special meeting was held at the Knights of Pythias Hall in Lyman, with the purpose of transferring all real and personal property owned by the Cemetery Association to the Town of Lyman. This was done with a quit claim deed, and the transfer came with the stipulation that the property so transferred would be used for cemetery purposes.
An ordinance was adopted by the Town of Lyman providing that the funds and property transferred would only be used for cemetery purposes, or the property will revert back to the Knights of Pythias – with one exception: that until needed for burial, parts of the property might be used for a park.
What everyone knows as the Lyman Park is really part of the cemetery.
©2022 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.