Dixie, Walla Walla County, Washington
The cemetery was deeded May 24, 1876 with 2 acres given by William G. Kershaw and wife Nancy and 438/1000 acres by Charles Actor and his wife Sarah with the purpose of a cemetery FOREVER. The first burial was Mary Kershaw in 1875. The first Trustees were W.T. Barnes, J.M.Lamb, J.M. Cornwell and W.G. Kershaw. There were two early fires going through the cemetery destroying most of the old wooden markers. The original plot map in a potting shed was also burned. (Information provided by Garland Wilson, Area Historian) Walked and read by Rella and Jim Gleaton and Sheryl, Edward and Cameron Wilkinson on Jul 01, 2000. Transcribed by Rella Gleaton.
Dixie cemetery is located on the North edge of the town of Dixie on a hillside in Sec 26 T8N R37E. In Dixie turn North off Hwy 12 onto Cochran Road going one block. Turn right onto Cemetery Road going one tenth mile East. "Dixie Cemetery" sign is on the left or North side.Visit the Dixie Cemetery Website
©2022 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.