14951 Bothell Way NE
Lake Forest Park, Washington 98125
In 1926, the Greater Seattle Masonic Lodge founded Acacia Memorial Park. The acacia tree symbolizes the promise of rebirth in Masonic rites. They sold the cemetery to Fred Burnaby and his family in 1927. The original gardens in the memorial park were designed to form a Celtic cross when looked at from above. Construction on Acacia's original mausoleum began in 1928, and the 1st phase was completed in 1931.
Cemetery development continued through 1972, and today the original mausoleum covers 3.5 acres. It is illuminated almost entirely by natural light. In addition to leaded glass skylights, the mausoleum holds 29 massive works of stained glass. Construction of the newer Lakeview Mausoleum began in 1977; the 1st phase was completed in 1979. The sun-dappled, 2-story center atrium holds a Japanese garden with a waterfall and reflecting pool.
Acacia Memorial Park was never located in Seattle, WA. It was located in Unincorporated King County. However it was addressed this way because the Post office listed it this way. Today this cemetery is located inside the city of “Lake Forest Park.”
©2020 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.