1804 N. Western Ave
Wenatchee, Chelan County, Washington 98801
The Wenatchee Cemetery first operated as a Private Facility, with the earliest sales dating back to August 1895. Also beginning around 1895, remains from private burial grounds throughout the Wenatchee Valley were relocated to this new and permanent location. The private Cemetery operated on its own until it could no long keep pace with demand and the growth of the community. In 1929 the city of Wenatchee acquired and began operating the facility. Members of Dan McCook Post #105 and the Women’s Relief Corp. #115, Department of Washington and Alaska erected a monument honoring Grand Army of the Republic veterans. In 1916 the monument was dedicated to the memory of our country’s defenders. In 1944, the City of Wenatchee and Chelan County acquired an additional nine acres adjoin the original tract to allow for further expansion.
©2022 Civil War Veterans Buried In Washington State • All Rights Reserved.